Phillipians 1:12

Phillipians 1:12 "and I want you to know,dear brothers and sisters, that everything that has happened to me here has helped to spread the Good News."







Sunday, March 25, 2012

SURGERY TOMORROW!

Well..tomorrow's the Big Day! I'm having my ITB pump "installed" (as Matt likes to put it) bright and early at 5:30am at CMC Northeast (which is about an hour north of where we live). I think Matt and I are planning to just pull an all-nighter, instead of trying to wake up at 3:00am (especially since I won't be able to have coffee, which I absolutely can not function without when I wake up!)

They want us to be there at 5:30, which means I probably will not get into the OR until around 7:30. The surgery will take an hour an a half, where they will make about a 4 inch incision into my abdomen (to put the pump in) and then they will feed a small catheter from the pump to my spinal column, with the medicine being delivered directly into my spinal fluid. I should be all finished by 9am.

They'll keep me at CMC Northeast overnight for observation. I could technically go home, but Matt and I made the decision to have me be transferred from there to CMC rehab. We are doing this because I will not only have therapy, but my doctor will be able to regulate the amount of medicine that the pump is putting into my body, so that the dosage is precisely what my body needs. With that medicine "tweaking", the device will deliver the precise dose of  medicine to control my muscle spasticity and allow me to function the best I can!

I will post more regarding rehab, as well as a schedule for visitation-'cause I definitely want/expect visitors!-and Matt and I will be tweeting post-op to let ya'll know how it goes tomorrow!



Thank you Jesus for this opportunity for progress! And Lord, even if after all of this, I am still not able to do a thing more than I can today, YOU are still GOOD! And YOU are still sovereign! And I pray that you will continue  to use my life to bring YOU GLORY! .....Dear Jesus, I love you so much, thank you for your amazing faithfulness through this entire journey. and thank you for allowing me to personally experience your Majesty in a way I never would have been able to had I not gone through this. I am so very blessed! amen

to Him be the glory,
Chelsey

1 comment:

  1. Praying for you Chelsey! Your faithfulness and positive attitude are such an inspiration! May God be with you and the surgeons tomorrow.
    Sharon Gravley

    ReplyDelete